Monday, February 21, 2011

Found Poem

Teacher,
What a small word to mean so much.
I am now discovering more,
I read and study until I fall asleep at night.
It just all seemed to be impossible hard,
It becomes something dreamed for.
In the end, I do not want to do any other thing as much.
A look of life outside myself that made me look forward,
instead of backward.
The engine that drives me is, surely, love,
What I do, what I love to do, what I want to do,
And so to here. To now.
What a small word to mean so much,
Teacher.

2 comments:

  1. In my top 5 favorite found poems created from the Paulsen article. Well done, Miss Future Teacher!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy that everyone enjoyed this found poem so much. This was my first one, maybe I had beginners luck ; ) I think the found poem is a great way to express what you want to say in a non-threatening way. I also think that it is a great way to remember what you want from an article or chapter, I found it a very useful tool while reading Routman.

    ReplyDelete